Friday, September 17, 2010

Imagine Durban

“So I am running a bit late for work but my sister who was supposed to be here an hour ago is not here, to make matters worse is her phones off, just great! This is just what I need for today.I get out the house drop the keys off Mrs. Stuart’s house my next door neighbour, she knows almost all my family members even some of my cousin’s cousins. Since she will be at home for most of the day I asked her to look out for that beautiful brat called my sister.I close the gate outside Mrs. Stuart’s house and the next Mynah bus arrives. Who would have imagined such convenience up here in Glenmoore?”


 
Ow just incase you lost, this is not reality, my neighbor is a Zulu, but this is my little fantasy for a perfect Durban. Imagine Durban is a campaign that has been around for a while now, apparently the campaign began in Canada and its success made many other countries want to try it out.

It is all about each person writing down what they’d love to see change about their city and then see what they can do to make that happen. If you dispise the Dirty city streets, then stop throwing dirt in already over flowing bins.

I haven’t moved into the surbubs yet, but I have been creating good relations with all my neighbours and integrating them to my daily routine ever since I found out about the idea. Just like I never sleep without having seen my brother who sleeps in the other room of our house, I try never let a week go buy without conversating with the neighbours and when having braais they the first to know about it, infact if they ever smell braaid meat when they weren’t told about it I want them to find it odd enough for them to investigate it.
  
We wonder what your fantasies about Durban are.

No comments:

Post a Comment